Tickets are not available as of 10/15/23. Limited space for LPs and the wait list can be accessed via the application process.
Private Markets Insider (PMI) is excited to bring together thought leaders in alternative investments seeking to optimize capital protection and returns. This collaborative program enables peer-to-peer sharing of valuable insights on current market trends, opportunities, and challenges.
PMI begins the agenda with an LP-only lunch discussion followed by a keynote presentation, both led by Robert Kaplan:
Robert Kaplan will discuss monetary, fiscal, and broader economic policy:
- How did the economy get to where it is today? Where is it likely to go from here?
- What key fundamental and structural drivers influence US and global economies?
- Can the Private Markets investors look past short-term, cyclical developments which tend to dominate discussions about economic conditions?
In the following panels, senior institutional fund investors (LPs) and market-leading fund managers (GPs) will address opportunities in Private Credit and Secondaries, two of the most-discussed investment strategies, as we consider current trends and Robert’s timely insights.
Panel Speakers Include:
Derrick Dagnan, CIO of Fort Worth Employees’ Retirement Fund
- Prior Deputy CIO of the Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System
- Proven record in investments and building pension plans, endowments, and defined contribution plans
Brian Collett, Chief Investment Officer of Missouri Local Government Employees Retirement System
- Managing LAGERS’ investments, advisor to the LAGERS’ Board of Trustees
- Prior Sr. Research Manager of SC Retirement Systems and Sr. Technology Analyst of Russell Investment Group
Jamil McNeal, Director of Investments – Credit and Private Markets at True North Advisors
- True North fund construction and client allocation roles in Private Equity, Credit, and Secondaries
- Investment Advisory Committee member for Dallas Police & Fire Pension System
Ryan Bailey, CIO & Managing Partner at Paradigm Institutional Investments
- Former Head of Investments at Children’s Health System of Texas, overseeing $2bn in assets
- Former Co-Founder and Chief Investment Officer for Carbonado Partners
Christie Hamilton, Director, Content & Investment Research at CAIA Association
- Managing LAGERS’ investment portfolio, serving as the investment advisor to the LAGERS’ Board of Trustees
- Prior role at Children’s Health as Interim Head of Investments and Director of Investments
Rony Ma, Managing Director, Credit at KKR
- Global Corporate Private Credit Investment Committee and Portfolio Manager, KKR Private Credit
Brett Hickey, Founder & CEO at Star Mountain Capital
- Founded one of the largest specialty asset management firms focused exclusively on the lower middle-market with ~$3.5bn AUM and ~80 full-time staff
Peter Baldwin, Director, Investments at Tolleson Wealth Management
- Managing sourcing, diligence, and monitoring of the private investment portfolio for one of the largest multi-family office firms in Texas
Chris Goodwin, Managing Director at Star Mountain Capital
- Completed over $6.5B of private equity and credit investments as Co-Head of US Merchant Banking, BNP Paribas
The day offers ample time for networking during coffee breaks and cocktails.
- Institutional Investors and Family Offices
- Senior members of Private Equity, Private Credit, and Secondary investment funds
- Business Owners and C-level executives looking to raise capital, make acquisitions, or sell their businesses
Time & Location:
- Tuesday, October 17; 12pm to 6pm
- Dallas location to be shared upon completed registration
Topics & Agenda:
12:30 pm – Invite-only LP lunch discussion with Rober Kaplan hosted by Star Mountain Capital
2:00 pm – Keynote Presentation – Robert Kaplan (former CEO of Dallas Fed)
“Current Economic Conditions and Structural Drivers of the Economy”
3:00 pm – Panel 1 – Discussion on Private Credit
“Rise of Private Credit: LPs Assess the Next Phase in the Credit Cycle”
- Brett Hickey, Founder & CEO at Star Mountain Capital
- Brian Collett, CIO of Missouri Local Government Employees Retirement System
- Derrick Dagnan, CIO of Fort Worth Employees’ Retirement Fund
- Jamil McNeal, Director of Investments – Credit and Private Markets at True North Advisors
- Rony Ma, Managing Director, Credit at KKR
3:45 pm – Networking Break
4:15 pm – Panel 2 – Discussion on Secondaries
“Secondaries Reach New Heights in Private Equity & Credit”
- Christie Hamilton, Director, Content & Investment Research atCAIA Association
- Peter Baldwin, Director, Investments at Tolleson Wealth Management
- Chris Goodwin, Managing Director at Star Mountain Capital
- Ryan Bailey, CIO & Managing Partner at Paradigm Institutional Investments
5:00 pm – Cocktails, Hors D’oeuvres & Networking
Attendance subject to approval due to limited capacity. Please respond, register online here, and/or suggest time to discuss how you may fit into productive discussions:
- Attendance subject to approval due to limited capacity.
- Please register online using the link above.
- Or respond to Kevin McCaffrey, Managing Member at Kevin@PrivateMarketsInsider.com by Monday, 10/16 and suggest time to discuss how you may fit into productive discussions and options to participate.
- Qualifying Institutional & Family Office Limited Partners – LPs free upon approval
- Relevant Corporate & General Partners – Sponsor fees to be discussed
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
Fort Worth Employees' Retirement Fund
Missouri Local Government Employees Retirement System
Founder & Managing Partner at Star Mountain Capital
Director of Investments - Credit and Private Markets
Managing Director, Credit
Director, Content & Investment Research
Tolleson Wealth Management
Paradigm Institutional Investments