Private Markets Insider (PMI) brings together thought leaders in alternative investments seeking to optimize capital protection and returns. This collaborative program enables peer-to-peer sharing of valuable insights on current market trends, opportunities, and challenges.
PMI begins the agenda with a keynote presentation led by Robert Kaplan:
Robert Kaplan discusses monetary, fiscal, and broader economic policy:
- How did the economy get to where it is today? Where is it likely to go from here?
- What key fundamental and structural drivers influence US and global economies?
- Can the Private Markets investors look past short-term, cyclical developments which tend to dominate discussions about economic conditions?
In the following panels, senior institutional fund investors (LPs) and market-leading fund managers (GPs) address opportunities in Private Credit and Secondaries, two of the most-discussed investment strategies, as we consider current trends and Robert’s timely insights.
Panel Speakers Include:
Derrick Dagnan, CIO of Fort Worth Employees’ Retirement Fund
- Prior Deputy CIO of the Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System
- Proven record in investments and building pension plans, endowments, and defined contribution plans
Brian Collett, Chief Investment Officer of Missouri Local Government Employees Retirement System
- Managing LAGERS’ investments, advisor to the LAGERS’ Board of Trustees
- Prior Sr. Research Manager of SC Retirement Systems and Sr. Technology Analyst of Russell Investment Group
Jamil McNeal, Director of Investments – Credit and Private Markets at True North Advisors
- True North fund construction and client allocation roles in Private Equity, Credit, and Secondaries
- Investment Advisory Committee member for Dallas Police & Fire Pension System
Ryan Bailey, CIO & Managing Partner at Paradigm Institutional Investments
- Former Head of Investments at Children’s Health System of Texas, overseeing $2bn in assets
- Former Co-Founder and Chief Investment Officer for Carbonado Partners
Christie Hamilton, Director, Content & Investment Research at CAIA Association
- Managing LAGERS’ investment portfolio, serving as the investment advisor to the LAGERS’ Board of Trustees
- Prior role at Children’s Health as Interim Head of Investments and Director of Investments
Rony Ma, Managing Director, Credit at KKR
- Global Corporate Private Credit Investment Committee and Portfolio Manager, KKR Private Credit
Brett Hickey, Founder & CEO at Star Mountain Capital
- Founded one of the largest specialty asset management firms focused exclusively on the lower middle-market with ~$3.5bn AUM and ~80 full-time staff
Peter Baldwin, Director, Investments at Tolleson Wealth Management
- Managing sourcing, diligence, and monitoring of the private investment portfolio for one of the largest multi-family office firms in Texas
Chris Goodwin, Managing Director at Star Mountain Capital
- Completed over $6.5B of private equity and credit investments as Co-Head of US Merchant Banking, BNP Paribas
The day offers ample time for networking during coffee breaks and cocktails.
- Institutional Investors and Family Offices
- Senior members of Private Equity, Private Credit, and Secondary investment funds
- Business Owners and C-level executives looking to raise capital, make acquisitions, or sell their businesses
Time & Location:
- Tuesday, October 17; 12pm to 6pm
- Dallas location to be shared upon completed registration
Topics & Agenda:
12:30 pm – Invite-only LP lunch discussion with Rober Kaplan hosted by Star Mountain Capital
2:00 pm – Keynote Presentation – Robert Kaplan (former CEO of Dallas Fed)
“Current Economic Conditions and Structural Drivers of the Economy”
3:00 pm – Panel 1 – Discussion on Private Credit
“Rise of Private Credit: LPs Assess the Next Phase in the Credit Cycle”
- Brett Hickey, Founder & CEO at Star Mountain Capital
- Brian Collett, CIO of Missouri Local Government Employees Retirement System
- Derrick Dagnan, CIO of Fort Worth Employees’ Retirement Fund
- Jamil McNeal, Director of Investments – Credit and Private Markets at True North Advisors
- Rony Ma, Managing Director, Credit at KKR
3:45 pm – Networking Break
4:15 pm – Panel 2 – Discussion on Secondaries
“Secondaries Reach New Heights in Private Equity & Credit”
- Christie Hamilton, Director, Content & Investment Research atCAIA Association
- Peter Baldwin, Director, Investments at Tolleson Wealth Management
- Chris Goodwin, Managing Director at Star Mountain Capital
- Ryan Bailey, CIO & Managing Partner at Paradigm Institutional Investments
5:00 pm – Cocktails, Hors D’oeuvres & Networking
Attendance subject to approval due to limited capacity. Please respond, register online here, and/or suggest time to discuss how you may fit into productive discussions:
- Attendance subject to approval due to limited capacity.
- Please register online using the link above.
- Or respond to Kevin McCaffrey, Managing Member at Kevin@PrivateMarketsInsider.com by Monday, 10/16 and suggest time to discuss how you may fit into productive discussions and options to participate.
- Qualifying Institutional & Family Office Limited Partners – LPs free upon approval
- Relevant Corporate & General Partners – Sponsor fees to be discussed
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
Fort Worth Employees' Retirement Fund
Missouri Local Government Employees Retirement System
Founder & Managing Partner at Star Mountain Capital
Director of Investments - Credit and Private Markets
Managing Director, Credit
Director, Content & Investment Research
Tolleson Wealth Management
Paradigm Institutional Investments